Thursday, June 13, 2013

RTDroid : The onset of research

It was not too long ago when i set my eyes on the US Dream. To pursue Master's in the States, the global leader in Technological Research.
Even at the beginning of my Master's in Fall 2012, I was not very clear whether I would pursue a research career or just join the industry. Industry is always a very enticing prospect with companies like Google, Amazon, Microsoft and others visiting the campus for placements and internship opportunities.
I have always believed that conducting research work and publishing papers was possible only by dedicated people who locked themselves up in labs for hours at a stretch, staring at whiteboards and markers with only one thought of research hovering their genius brains. I respected such people and was inspired by them at the same time i was not fully ready to get into such shoes.
In between all this chaos going on in my head, I was given an invitation by my professor, Steve to attend a research project meeting. That meeting with Steve and Luke was soon going to change my view on how research was conducted and the process of how a researcher gets that unique ability to write those top quality papers and speak with pertinence. After being into the project for 3 months and on the verge of submitting my first workshop paper, i can assure everyone who wants to know, this is truly a great feeling. I've realized over the past few months, it is, for a large factor dependent on your adviser/mentor how you turn out to be as a research student and I am proud of my current advisers and to work with them. I've learnt that asking the right questions isn't developed overnight. It takes years of work to develop as a researcher and I might well be on my way to become one. Thank you Steve and Luke for providing me this opportunity. Finally, The project i am working on is titled RTDroid.

2 comments: